The entire concept of cloud computing is based on the effective sharing and usage of resources that an organization leverages, as well as the granting of access to these resources to all stakeholders who are directly interested in them, in the shortest amount of time, anywhere they might be in the world.
Azure is the cloud platform that any business can rely on, regardless of its size or its seniority, and here’s why:
1. Scalability & flexibility
Companies can choose specific components they might need at any given moment, for a limited amount of time. Costs will automatically be calculated based on their customized options. If their activity implies seasonal variations, BlackFriday for example, companies have the possibility of setting the number of users and the virtual machines’ capacity to match these variations. Beneficiaries can also control user access. They can do this either from within the network or outside of it, from any OS (Windows, Android, iOS) with the option of choosing a functioning schedule for the backup virtual machines.
2. Lower associated costs & total deductibility
Migrating solutions to the cloud enables companies to cut their initial investment in licenses and physical equipment. They ca also drop costs for maintenance and repairments. Investments in the physical IT infrastructure that a company needs are amortized in a few years. But, with Azure, being a subscription-based service, they can be deducted monthly.
3. 24/7 availability with Microsoft grade security
Azure allows using all apps, services, and virtual machines without interrupting their smooth functioning. In case of any technical issues, the backup machine becomes available in just a couple of minutes. And they do that without interrupting the operational flow.
Built on the Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle, Azure is also compliant with all security standards: ISO 27001, HIPAA, FedRAMP, SOC 1, and SOC 2. Microsoft Security Development Lifecycle is a vanguard concept for developing the most secure code based on proven technology.
We’ll now present two case studies. In both cases, the migration to the Azure Cloud brought our clients lower operational costs and improved resource management.
- We have a Romanian company operating in the electrical equipment industry which needed a version upgrade of Microsoft Dynamics™ NAV from 2009 to 2017. This upgrade also implied extending the existing IT infrastructure. In order to ensure and manage user access from different locations, only the initial costs of this operation would have been around 18 000 Euro. This doesn’t include costs for maintenance and the extension of their IT department. They chose to migrate to Azure along with upgrading their solution. And by doing that, th company obtained a profitable price for the Azure infrastructure: less than 18 euros/month/user.
- The second example is a company working in home decor. It had industry-specific business requirements and a relatively small number of users that needed access to the ERP. Along with integrating a newer version of Microsoft Dynamics™ NAV, they’ve chosen to migrate all their processes to Azure. This determined better management of their informational flux, but also more efficient IT-related costs.
Team Microsoft Dyamics offers cloud-ready Microsoft solutions and services for Azure: Microsoft Dynamics NAV, Microsoft Dynamics CRM, PowerBI, MS SQL Server, Office 365, and Sharepoint.
Feel free to contact them for a free demo for your business or just to find out more about how Microsoft Azure can optimize your operations.