We’re looking for a sharp and motivated PHP Developer to join our team to design, develop, implement, test and support highly scalable, multi-tier web applications.
Our team develops and handles highly complex and custom e-commerce projects for businesses of every size. For a multi-level marketing company that empowers people who are starting their own business, we developed a complex, solid, but also flexible e-commerce business platform that connects different systems, technologies and syncs all available data.
If you want to take part in all steps of the development process, actively collaborate with colleagues to deliver bug-free, scalable and maintainable projects and if you want to see your code released regularly in production, this is the right place to be.
What you’ll be doing:
- Write elegant and clean code
- Implement new features as well as enhance existing ones
- Create efficient, well-documented products, software and services
- Work closely with product managers, UI/UX designers and back-end server engineers
- Perform maintenance development and correction of identified bugs
- Promote quality standards and processes and work with other developers to achieve these
- Communicate regularly with project managers to provide understanding of technical requirements, processes and dependencies
- Create and maintain technical documentation using defined technical documentation templates
What we’re looking for:
- Experience with object-oriented development and design patterns
- 3+ years of professional experience with Magento and 4+ years with PHP, MySQL (including EAV data structures) and LAMP stack
- Knowledge and experience in successful customization of Magento
- Experience with modern version control (GIT) and workflows
- Good understanding of XHTML/HTML5 and CSS3
- You must be familiar with and able to work seamlessly through all phases of the software development life cycle, and experience in an Agile environment is highly desired.
- Ability to define, interpret and develop software according to written requirements and technical specification
- English level at working proficiency;
It’s definitely a plus if you have:
- Experience with caching technologies like Redis, Memcached, APC, etc.;
- Experience with NoSQL databases like MongoDB, CouchDB, Redis, etc.;
- Experience with Nginx, PHP-FPM, Solr/Elasticsearch, etc.
- Experience with tools like Vagrant, Capistrano, etc.
What working with us is like:
- It’s more than just work. It’s a development opportunity. You’ll get to work on challenging and varied projects for clients all over the world, in teams of highly capable and friendly people who will help you grow.
- We care about your and your family. Our benefits package includes private healthcare for you and your immediate family (spouse and children).
- More time to reboot. Depending on your years of experience before – and after joining us, you could start with bonus vacation days, and then add even more, with each year we spend together. The more you have, the more you get, this just couldn’t get any better!
- We make our own sunshine. We try to keep away from procedures of any kind (ok, yes, we work with Scrum). But we are responsible for our own schedules. We have ownership on our tasks and we keep each other accountable, at a team level.
- Keep calm and sport on! We have sports-related benefits because, yes, we love playing sports: swimming, fitness, rock-climbing, running competitions, skiing, tennis, your choice!
- We’re a welcoming bunch!
So please don’t hold back from getting in touch with us! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org and let’s have a chat!