We are seeking a passionate Perl coder to join our team and work on one of our projects. Calendis involves scheduling appointments and facilitates access to different services from our community. Maybe you will be glad to know that this application helped in this difficult period some of our local businesses in reducing queue time and facilitating social distancing by scheduling appointments beforehand.
So, if you want to get involved and help local communities organize better with the help of our product, here is what you need to know.
The main responsibilities will be:
- Taking part in all the steps of the development process of this software product (analysis, design, coding, test and maintenance);
- Following a feature from specification, through design and implementation, to launching;
- Developing the application and modifying its features in order to meet changing business requirements.
Our future colleague for this position is a developer with good programming background, passion and desire to grow. We consider an advantage any of the following:
- Perl programming skills (minimum 2yrs of hands-on Perl experience);
- Experience in working with Perl frameworks, like Catalyst, Mason;
- Web application development skills;
- Database and working with ORMs;
- Source code management;
- Autonomy – the ability to find solutions on your own, discuss them with the team and implement the best option;
- Communication skills – being able to clearly express your thoughts by adjusting to both technical and business people and properly using technical terms in the right context;
- Responsibility – meeting deadlines, especially the ones you set for yourself;
- Attitude – asking yourself “How can I help?” as opposed to “What do I need to do?”
- Continuous Improvement – constantly learning, adopting more efficient practices, caring about the project’s quality, self-organizing to solve problems and striving to be better at what you do;
- Feedback – providing and receiving it timely and assertively;
What we offer:
- Excellent benefits package including private health-care;
- Flexible schedule;
- Significant growth opportunities;
- Lots of professional challenges in a friendly and informal environment;
Simply e-mail your CV to email@example.com and she’ll take it from there.